Communication Studies alumna Jessica Kleiman (A.B. ’95) has co-authored a book entitled, Be Your Own Publicist: How to Use PR Techniques to Get Noticed, Hired, and Rewarded at Work which is a career guide that shows people how to use PR skills to land a job, move up in their current one or, if in their own business, how to attract more clients and attention for their talents.
Be Your Own Best Publicist will teach readers how to:
- Set a personal strategy that gets results
- Build key message points and deliver them with style
- Craft the perfect “pitch” for each situation
- Network and develop relationships that will get you ahead
- Use creativity to stand put from the competition
Kleiman is currently the Vice President of Public Relations for Hearst Magazines, one of the world’s largest publishers of monthly magazines including titles such as Cosmopolitan and Harper’s Bazaar.