Posts tagged Sherry Almasi

Alumni Connection 2015 Recap

Alumni Connection 3_20_2015 010This year’s annual Alumni Connection event took place last Friday, March 20th, in the Michigan League. Per usual, the event opened with remarks made by Professor and Chair of the Department, Susan J. Douglas, with panelist presentations following. Six Communication Studies alumni were featured on the panel this year. Graduating classes ranging from 2005-2013, and represented companies from Tumblr to Nielsen.

READ MORE »

Alumni Connection Panelist: Sherry Almasi

Headshot-2Sherry is a 2010 alumna in Communication Studies and Political Science. Currently, she stands as a Human Resources and Recruiting Partner at Tumblr in New York, NY. After graduation, Sherry had a few entry level jobs, one of which included working for Google. During her tenure at Google, she made her desire to get into recruiting known, and through networking, landed a Recruiting Associate position at Tumblr. Two years later, still working for Tumblr, Sherry supports about 20 managers and 65 employees from an employee relations perspective and performs all the non-tech recruiting for the company. She also recently started a Master’s program at Columbia in Social Organization Psychology.   READ MORE »

Guest Alumni Blogger: Sherry Almasi, Google Advertising Associate (Class of 2010)

My name is Sherry Almasi and I graduated in May 2010 with a degree in Communications and Political Science. Currently, I am an Advertising Associate just down the street at Google Ann Arbor. As an Advertising Associate, my primary responsibility is to ensure customer satisfaction across the SMB (small and medium businesses) market. My day consists of working with advertisers on a variety of issues, from providing consultations for accounts with poor performance to handling more complicated legal and policy issues.  The world of online advertising is an intricate and interesting one, but it’s a world that I was not very familiar with until I actually delved into the role. READ MORE »